Sunday 15 December 2013

Confirmation Blog Post #12


Catholic Graduate Expectations 

How does each of the Catholic Graduate Expectations reflect on myself?

    A person who is about to graduate has to be an individual Catholic, who has to endure many expectations to be successful in his or hers upcoming life. Just like myself and many others, we all have to exceed seven expectations for ourselves to be role models for others.
   By training to be a graduate, I can relate AND embody each one... 


A discerning believer formed in the Catholic faith community who celebrates the signs and sacred mysteries of God’s presence through word, sacrament, prayer, forgiveness, reflection and moral living;

 1. I am a believer of Catholic faith when I go to church and pray for my sins to be forgiven. Whenever I take the bread and kneel, I think about God's presence, and forgiveness. I pray that my family and everyone in the world would be safe. 

___________
An effective communicator who speaks, writes and listens honestly and sensitively, responding critically in light of gospel values;

 2. To be honest, I think i am being an effective communicator as I speak. All of these posts I create are always contempt of the light of God. However according to my life, I would be considered (right off the bat) a shy person. To be honest, to certain people I may be like that, and to other people I would be more outgoing.  

__________
A reflective, creative and holistic thinker who solves problems and makes responsible decisions with an informed moral conscience for the common good;

 3. I am a reflective and holistic thinker when someone asks for help. When doing so, I try and do my best to help the ones in need. 

__________
A self-directed, responsible, life-long learner who develops and demonstrates his/her God-given potential;

 4. When I show the gifts given from God. Showing my full potential by taking all the life lessons from all the roadblocks that have occurred and demonstrating it to the world. 

__________
A collaborative contributor who finds meaning, dignity and vocation in work which respects the rights of all and contributes to the common good;

5. When working in a group, I respect everyones opinions and their perspectives on the work. If I disagree, I don't yell or shout at them, I simply add someones to their opinion to make it so everyone agrees to the idea. 
__________
A caring family member who attends to family, school, parish, and the wider community;

 6. When I am obeying my older sister and my parents, I am a caring family member. By doing my homework, attending school, and going to church every Sunday to give thanks to God.  

__________
A responsible citizen who gives witness to Catholic social teaching by promoting peace, justice and the sacredness of human life.

 7. Lastly, I can promote peace, justice and the sacredness of human life by showing the joys of life to other people, so that they too will follow and find the serendipity to God.   

By showing all of these expectations to everyone including God, I will we able to exceed these rules of a Catholic Graduate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment