Sunday 9 February 2014

Confirmation Blog Post #15


Symbols of Confirmation -

What are 3 symbols of Confirmation and how do they relate to myself?

 Laying of the Hands - 
    
    The Laying of the Hands is when one gives the power of the Holy Spirit to a person being confirmed. It represents the healing touch of Jesus Christ and it is a way to show that you are praying for them. 
This symbol relates to me when I pray for others at church. I pray for the my family, the sick, and everyone in the whole world. When doing that, I grant them my power of the Holy Spirit.  


Sign of the Cross - 

   The Sign of the Cross describes that you have been received by God, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It symbolizes how Jesus died for us. 
This symbol relates to when I am confident about my surroundings with people.  

The Dove - 

  The Dove is the symbol of the Holy Spirit, It describes how Jesus was Baptized by John and how the Holy Spirit was descended on him in the form of a dove. It represents peace, gentleness, faith, and innocence.
This symbol relates to me whenever I make peace with my family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment